Many of God’s unique attributes are displayed in Jesus.
Let’s consider several.
- Omnipotence. In the following passages, how is Jesus’ power shown?Mt. 8:23-27 Jn. 2:1-11
- Omniscience. What do the following verses reveal about Jesus’ knowledge? Jn. 1:47-50 Jn. 4:13-19
- Authority. How does Jesus display the authority of God in the following passages? Mt. 8:5-13 Mk. 2:5-12
- Immortality. Only God is immune from the sting of death. What evidence do the following verses present for the deity of Christ?
Jn. 2:18-22 Jn. 10:17-18
- Justice. Throughout the Old Testament, we read of the Father’s passion for justice. How does the Son demonstrate His resemblance to His Father in these passages?
Mt. 23:1-39 Mk. 11:15-17
- Worthy of Worship. Scripture is emphatic that no one is worthy of worship except God. How, then, do these verses support the deity of Christ?
Phil. 2:5-11 Rev. 5:11-13
Used by permission of Discipleship Journal. Copyright © May/June 2006, Issue 147, The Navigators. Used by permission of NavPress. All rights reserved. www.navpress.com